Louisville Zen Center (LZC) in-person activities have been suspended indefinitely. We'll announce here and on Facebook when this changes. Meanwhile, our sittings and other events will occur via Zoom video-conferencing.
There is no charge for participating. Louisville Zen Center operates as much as possible on dana (or giving). We suggest non-members give $5 but any contribution, large or small, will be much appreciated. No one is EVER turned away for lack of payment. To make an ongoing commitment while supporting the mission of the Center, please consider membership.
To prepare to join our virtual zendo:
- Join our Zoom meetings here or use Meeting ID: 820 029 536 to be ushered into the virtual zendo.
- Our virtual zendo can be accessed via computer, tablet, or smart phone. The first time you join a Zoom meeting on a computer, Zoom will automatically install the needed software. For tablet or smart phone users, download "Zoom Cloud Meetings". It's free!
- Check and adjust your microphone and speakers before zazen begins. Microphones will be muted for the sitting, but turn up the volume on your speakers to clearly hear the bells and announcements. During tea, wear ear phones (if you have them) to help reduce feedback noise.
- Arrange your seat in a quiet place preferably facing the wall.
- Consider where to do walking meditation. If there’s no room simply stand or pace back and forth in a line.
- Position your camera so we can see you sitting and walking with us. Not directly in front; too distracting.
- Setting up an altar with an inspiring figure or picture is nice, but not required. Light incense, if desired.
Want more virtual sits?